TRUEGRID was developed to be diverse in application and installation type.
The following installation process is for a TRUEGRID Industrial or Commercial Lot with preexisting base aggregate in place.
Before you begin: Materials & Equipment Materials checklist
__ TRUEGRID PRO PLUS Pavers
__ Infill rock: Clean, angular stone ½” to ¾”
__ Grading equipment: Used to level out existing potholes and ruts or adjust overall grade, if needed.
__ Compaction equipment: Compact loose existing aggregate or level out uneven areas.
Example: Heavy roller or plate compactor for smaller areas.
__ circular saw or reciprocating saw (if needed for trimming edges)
__ spreading equipment for infill aggregate - skid steer, hand rakes, etc
Before you begin: Site Prep
- Scrape existing lot to level out or grade down, if needed. Transitions to other areas should be flush.
• Fill in and compact infill for any existing ruts or pot holes in the lot.
• It is important to ensure the site is scraped such that the TRUEGRID product is flush or slightly recessed below any transitions to existing hardscapes or other areas of use.
1. Install TRUEGRID PRO PLUS
- Start in corner of site with male tabs on grid facing out. Line up grid and connect next grid section. TRUEGRID will typically go down at around 1000 SF per man/hr.
- Install TRUEGRID SuperSpots if specified on approved site plans
Spread fill material into TRUEGRID PRO PLUS
- A fully loaded gravel truck can drive on the empty TRUEGRID PRO PLUS to speed up the fill material installation. This ability saves a lot of installation time. • TRUEGRID recommends to fill the product flush to the top and not overfill. Overfill is an option, however, there will be maintenance for the loose overfill aggregate
Looking for product specs, cut sheets and CSI documents? Visit our Technical Info page to download PDFs, BIM objects and CAD files for all of our products.
Need help with your project?
Work with our knowledgeable and experienced team. We're here to help you specify the right TRUEGRID product for your project and assist with your site specific design ...from surface to subgrade.